Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Vintage Educational Posters, 1960s and 1970s

Estate sales of retired school teachers are always fun. I find tons of vintage handkerchiefs, great clothes and lots of books. But recently I found something kind of unique and interesting. Lots and lots of educational posters. Teachers would collect posters to decorate their class rooms and they are great for today's home d├ęcor or home school classroom. The posters I found were from the 1970s and were used to decorate a grade school class room. Everything from the food pyramid to dairy to transportation was found in the box!


This retro bus illustration would make a great wall art piece in a play room!


This retro food poster is perfect addition for you kitchen!

4 comments:

  1. Those posters are really cute. I bought one about 15 yrs. ago with Elsie the cow on it, and I framed it, and now it hangs in my kitchen. Since I have a country kitchen theme, this really goes good with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just discovered your blog and love your selections, where the art of home decor is very well represented bravo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by Yann and Paula Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of the Basic Food groups as kitchen art! Very clever. By the way, thanks for the kind comments on my blog. My mom and I have a lot of fun together with our antique businesses. She's very young at heart!

    ReplyDelete